The Wolf

Black Wolf by Shadowfire101

What would you like to know? That I was lied to the whole time? That he was playing all of us? Don't act like you are surprised. Don't act like you didn't see him coming. We all knew that he was a wolf. We knew what he was, yet we all welcomed him into our sanctuary. He was fierce and focused. He knew what he wanted. Why didn't we stop him? Because, he was the wolf among all of us. He was smart. He couldn't take us all out in a fatal blow. He had to watch. He had to plan. He manipulated us, and turned our roots around each other, managed to have us ripping each other apart as if this was all our fault in the first place. You looked to me to stop the wolf, but I too have failed. He found my weakness, he found my nerve, and he exposed them. Did you want to know what was being exposed? I am not mad at him. He did what we all wanted to do, in the end, to reach the top of that mountain. We always do look up to whoever is on the mountain side. Is that what you wanted? The banished beast exiled from our mountain to return, to be the best? He did overthrow your king, no, not to the one that we called king, the one we always went to when we needed him, but his story is for a later time. This is the story of the wolf. The wolf who used and broke his fellow companions to reach the top. To have the thirst of power keep him alert towards his one true purpose. You shouldn't be surprise. We all loved the wolf. He brought us comfort. He brought us hope. We knew this wouldn't last forever. He filled us with broken promises and yet we lied to ourselves, thinking that he didn't come from the darkness. That forest that we never crossed. That we never thought of looking into. He was my friend, my enemy, my bane, my uprising, and my downfall. He was the wolf, and we doomed ourselves.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Willy Wonka and the Seven Deadly Sins

My Analysis on 13 Reasons Why pt.1

Dear Elizabeth