Rejection and all it's Consequences

(Proposal)

            
I have had many friends throughout the last 20 years of my life, many of them being beautiful women. I would spend most of my days with them and would begin to grow on them. I’m not the smartest kid and not the most attractive either but one day I begin to become attracted to her and I want to change our friendship to a relationship. After spending the day with her, dusk was upon my friend and me, we sat and watched the sunset, and the moment felt right. She looks at me and smiles and I begin to have this rush in my stomach. I want her to know my feelings for her so I ask her if we could be more than friends. She giggles and says she could never see us being more, but she is glad I told her and that nothing will change between our friendship. I smile and agree and we sit and watch the sunset slowly descend and then we are then consumed by the darkness of night. She hugs me goodnight and then I proceed home. Throughout the next couple of weeks our friendship slowly begins to fall just as the sun did the evening I confessed my feelings for her. She seems to quit talking to me as often and slowly stops talking to me completely. The only time I am able to come into contact with her is after a couple of missed texts and phone calls. She answers with a harsh tone and sadly I am more of an annoyance than a friend. The one thing I wanted for was to make her happy and now that all my choices have been narrowed down to one simple way out of this awkward mess. Severe ties with her. The girl I wanted to have a relationship with is now just a familiar face in a crowd of people. Why does this happen? I know that I’m not the only guy or girl that has been through this same situation. Why does everything go polar opposite with your friend with a simple question? I have had friends that have admitted to liking me and I did not feel the same way. I didn’t let it ruin our friendship, and we are still close. I will admit, you do not want to be lead on by your crush, but completely shutting off someone is not the solution. This doesn’t solve anything and if I lose a friend because of me admitting my feelings imagine if I told her something bad. Which brings me to my next topic, what exactly is the different between a friend and a relationship other than the affection between two people? You spend time together, have things in common, and enjoy each other’s company. Why do people want to be in a relationship so bad? Just sexual attraction to someone on top of a friendship doesn’t sound as appealing when that causes friendship approaching a sudden stop because of this so called “secret” and after rejection the person just wants to stop all communication. With these situations tending to happen with multiple of my past so called friends, I tread lightly on the situation. I can handle rejection; I have given rejection just as much as I have received rejection. I do not fear rejection, it is the consequences the follow after it. People have a tendency to just shut off and shut down that person and pretend they were not even friends. The only positive I can find from this is if someone could cut you off that easy, that’s someone I’m better off without.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Willy Wonka and the Seven Deadly Sins

My Analysis on 13 Reasons Why pt.1

Dear Elizabeth